In his column today, Paul Krugman reminds us of the press event in 2003 where "officials from multiple agencies used pruning shears and chainsaws to chop up stacks of banking regulations." This sounds so outrageous in light of the current state of the financial markets that it's hard to believe the story is true. But it is. And just in case anyone thinks Krugman is making the story up to pin the blame on the Bush administration, I have the picture. Luckily, I saw it in a story way back in 2003 and thought it worth saving to my computer, due to the extreme irony of regulators destroying regulations. I used it as one of the pictures rotating on my screensaver for a while (back when that was cool), but no one else thought it was funny. Here it is:

What once was ironic is now sad.

9 comments:

Maggie Knowles said...

Bankers chainsaw massacre.

WOW Gold said...

thanks for the article,My issue has become fixed.

Runescape Gold for Sale
WOW Gold

jake li said...


good post beautifull



-----------------------------------------
runescape gold|wow gold kaufen|diablo 3 gold|Swtor Credits

diablo 3 gold said...

Above all about the teammates, now 17 Blood Furnace: Master: cold Ling (made here to explain about the last post, write my name is the original 12 Sapphirond3 gold cheap Schnee, please do not misunderstand. I am not a video that Schneelolz, I was his brother, so do not make a fuss to get my name) monks: Salloll, milk riding: Absolute Ye Man.

china tours said...

When every love comes to the end, if you look back, u will find flowers and sorrows ........ You can learn more: China tour packages | China travel packages | China Travel Agency

wowitems said...

I have the picture. Luckily, I saw it in a story way back in 2003 and thought it worth saving to my computer, due to the extreme irony of regulators destroying regulationsWorld of Warcraft Gold Billig
World of Warcraft Gold Kaufen

wowgame said...

I saw it in a story way back in 2003 and thought it worth saving to my computerGold für WOW
Gold für World of Warcraft

Taylah Roberts said...

I never seen that red tape is cutting through with different chainsaw shown in the image published on your blog.This information is really diferent.

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for someone to share this post. This has actually made me think and I hope to read more.www.gavinmatthews.co.uk |

www.fineartsprints.co.uk |

www.theww.co.uk |

www.euronovosti.co.uk |

www.kuldeepbrar.co.uk |

www.fazackarley.co.uk |

www.voiceq.co.uk |

www.pipelinemats.co.uk |

www.journalistsforum.co.uk |

www.claims-id.co.uk |